The MI band heater from Watlow is a high performance heater featuring Watlow’s exclusive mineral insulation – a material with much higher thermal conductivity than mica and hard ceramic insulators used in conventional heaters.
MI band heaters are an excellent choice for extruders, blown film dies, injection molding machines, and other cylinder heating applications.
Heater operating temperatures up to 1400°F (760°C)
Up to 100 W/in² (15.5 W/cm²) available on large diameter barrel bands
Maximum voltage 480V
A thin layer of the “high” thermal conductivity MI material is used to electrically insulate the element wire from the inside diameter of the heater sheath. A thicker “low” thermal conductivity layer backs up the element wire directing the heat inward toward the part being heated. The result is more efficient heat transfer, which lowers element wire temperatures and increases band heater life.
Most heaters tend to absorb moisture during the off cycle, which causes unnecessary tripping of Ground Fault Indicators (GFIs). Watlow has solved this problem by designing and engineering a new style of high performance MI Bands with a moisture resistant construction called MIE (MI Euronorm). Factory examination shows that MIE heaters maintain their original moisture resistance capability after several years of field operation.
- Provides an almost instant response to temperature control
- Eliminates thermal lag and temperature overshoot associated with ceramic knuckle heaters
- Allow safe melting of resins such as PEEK™, Teflon®, Ultem® and Zytel®
- Resists contamination from overflow of plastic or other free-flowing materials
- Stainless steel cover and side fold design
- Attached clamp bars eliminate cumbersome clamping straps to ease installation
CLICK HERE to contact us or place an order. Thank you for choosing Antech Sales!